5632PT Front Desk Ambassador - SPUR SF

  • lstorney
    Oct 24, 2013
      Experience: Internship
      Contact person: John Means    jmeans@...
      Location: San Francisco, CA

      • Schedule: 10-20 hours per week
      • Commitment: 3+ months
      • Reports to: Research and Volunteer Coordinator

      This role merges reception, membership services, exhibition guide and event support. As SPUR's friendly face, Ambassadors will be in constant contact with visitors, policy staff, forum guests and our board members. This position will have the responsibility of managing email, letters and other correspondence that we receive. The Ambassador will provide information about our exhibitions and help to make sure that their contents remain safe. In addition, we will look for the Ambassador to attract new members to our organization.
      Essential Functions

      • Serve as a source of information for our guests
      • Support a high level of communication
      • Act as a public face of SPUR, sharing our mission and encouraging new memberships

      • Support Public Engagement team in setting up, breaking down and management of SPUR programs and events
      • Opportunity to act as Tuesday night host for evening programs

      • Provide basic information on the exhibition and guide visitors to the entrance
      • Replace light bulbs, enter data into our database and handle other functional necessities
      • Protect the exhibition, help control improper behavior around the area

      • Act as support staff for our members, ensuring excellent customer service
      • Assist with check-in for members and non-members for SPUR events

      Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

      • Interest in cities, public policy and urban issues
      • Ability to communicate in writing, over the phone and in person
      • Knowledge of Word and Excel to mail merge, database experience and Mac OS experience preferred
      • Office skills
      • Familiarity with online databases such as eTapestry and Salesforce
      • Ability to comfortably lift 30 lbs.

      To apply, send your cover letter and resume to John Means, Research and Volunteer Coordinator, with the position title in the subject line, to internship@....