5493Job Announcement: Entry Level Environmental Planner, CH2M Hill, Oakland, CA

    Jul 15 2:10 PM
      Entry Level Environmental Planner � Oakland, CA

      CH2M HILL <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3739?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>-
      Oakland
      - CA - US (San Francisco Bay Area)
      Job Description*Why CH2M HILL *

      For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in *engineering,
      consulting, design, program management, construction and operations*,
      working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world.
      Through these challenging projects, we develop our people � who transform
      complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we
      can work to build a sustainable world. We *s upport *you to reach your
      greatest *career goals* through continued *professional development*, a
      positive *work life balance* and undeniably *cool engineering projects*.
      Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our *diverse* *team* has
      been consistently ranked as one of the *leading employers* and repeatedly
      recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the �* 100 Best Companies to Work
      For *� .

      *About the Business *

      *Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL *

      Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As
      businesses go �Green� and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M
      HILL�s Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in
      projects that will protect the Earth�s natural resources. We help our
      clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore
      natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a
      monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our
      footprint. Ready? Let�s Get to Work.

      *Description and Desired Qualifications *
      *CH2M HILL Environmental Project Planner Careers - Entry Level � Oakland, CA
      *
      CH2M HILL is currently seeking an *Environmental Project Planner*. This
      entry-level position provides the opportunity to contribute to
      multi-disciplinary project teams in all phases of the execution and
      delivery of siting and licensing projects related to energy production and
      transmission. The planner will serve as a key team member working with
      scientists, engineers, project managers, and other project staff. The
      immediate need is for support of projects based in the San Francisco Bay
      Area, but planners based in our Oakland office often support projects
      throughout the western United States.

      Candidates should be self-motivated professionals with a Bachelor�s Degree
      in Urban, Regional, or Environmental Planning or a related field and with a
      desire to further establish themselves as professional project planner with
      an emphasis on land use planning and project permitting.

      Our *Environmental Project Planners*:

      Provide land use planning knowledge to help with industrial energy projects
      including but not limited to natural gas, renewables (e.g., solar and wind
      power), and electrical transmission
      Provide written findings of fact and other analyses for land use
      application support
      Have general knowledge of the California land use planning and permitting
      processes with the ability to research applicable rules
      Provide general land use planning and research for energy projects
      Support visual impact analyses for various energy projects
      Demonstrate an understanding of the importance in environmental planning
      and permitting processes of clear and effective communication, both written
      and verbal
      Have excellent organization skills and are able to work on multiple
      projects simultaneously, and under deadline pressure
      Are detail-oriented, able to follow instructions and to communicate with
      staff to understand assignments or seek clarification as necessary
      Have a strong desire to become a consultant (team player, eager to learn
      and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, adaptable, possessing a
      service mentality)*Additional Information:*
      Relocation assistance is not available for this position. CH2M HILL will
      not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this
      position.
      *Basic Qualifications *

      BA/BS degree in Environmental Studies, Urban, Regional, or Environmental
      Land Use Planning or a related field
      0-2 year�s experience, with internships in urban or land planning Land use
      planning knowledge gained through work experience or classroom projects
      Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
      *Preferred Qualifications *

      Masters degree in Environmental Studies, Urban, Regional or Environmental
      Planning or a related field
      Years of Experience: 1-4 years
      NEPA and/or CEQA experience
      Other federal or state permitting experience a plus
      Experience preparing land use permit applications in California (e.g.,
      Conditional Use Permit applications) a plus
      *What you will find *

      At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each
      day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help
      build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with
      accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you
      will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at
      CH2M HILL. Ready? Let�s get to work.

      Developing People through Challenging Projects
      CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
      Additional InformationPosted:July 8, 2013Type:Full-timeExperience:Not
      ApplicableFunctions:Strategy/Planning Industries:Architecture &
      Planning, Civil Engineering, Construction Employer Job ID:1286135Job ID:
      6332454

      -
      <http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?externalApply=&jobId=6332454&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eapplytracking%2Ecom%2Ftrack%2Easpx%2F47kKH&urlhash=4rk1>