5336Seeking 10 more applicants for the new Leadership Academy

  • Megan Fluke Medeiros
    Mar 13, 2013
      Dear friends,

      Nearly 30 people have applied to the Healthy Communities Leadership
      Academy<http://www.healthycommunitiesbayarea.org/leadership-academy-new.html>.
      To make this program competitive, would you help us recruit 10 more local
      existing and emerging leaders to apply? Our goal is to invest in passionate
      local activists, improving vital leadership skills, resulting in more
      effective local advocacy for Healthy Communities in San Mateo, Santa Clara,
      and San Benito Counties.

      This program is being organized by Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter,
      Acterra, Greenbelt Alliance, Committee for Green Foothills, and Sustainable
      Silicon Valley.

      Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

      Thank you,

      Megan

      --

      Are you a resident of the Silicon Valley working toward making our region a
      better place? Want to develop your advocacy skills? Then I hope you�ll

      *2013 Class Schedule
      *Trainings will be three hours each, from 9:00am-12:00pm - refreshments
      served at 8:30am

      1. Defining Leadership: What makes a great leader? (Sat, Apr 13)
      2. Challenge the Process: Campaign Planning (Sat, May 4)
      3. Inspire a Shared Vision: Storytelling and Public Speaking (Sat, Jun 1)
      4. Enable Others to Act: Bringing people together for a purpose (Sat,
      Jul 13)
      5. Media Pitch: How to Tell Your Story to the Media (Sat, Aug 3)
      6. 13 Tips for interacting with local government (Sat, Sept 7)
      7. Effectively interacting with City Staff and Developers (Sat, Oct 5)
      8. CEQA: Mitigation, Community Benefits, & Making Comments (Sat, Nov 2)
      9. Graduation: Encourage the Heart and Celebrate Success (Sat, Dec 7)

      *For more information and to apply, visit www.HealthyCommunitiesBayArea.org*
      *
      *
      *Organized by *Acterra, Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, Greenbelt
      Alliance, Sustainable Silicon Valley, and Committee for Green Foothills

      --
      Megan Fluke Medeiros
      Conservation and Development Manager

      3921 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 204
      Palo Alto, CA 94303

      (650) 390.8497 fax
      (650) 390.9604 office
      megan.fluke.medeiros@...

      *ENJOY. EXPLORE. PROTECT.*

      *Saturdays starting Apr. 13
      9-month Leadership Training for Healthy Communities
      <http://www.healthycommunitiesbayarea.org/leadership-academy-new.html>*

      Are you working to make our region a better place? Want to develop your
      advocacy skills? Apply today for the Healthy Communities Leadership Academy,
      a new nine-month program for emerging and existing Silicon Valley leaders.
      More information and registration information is
      here<http://www.healthycommunitiesbayarea.org/leadership-academy-new.html>
      .