5213Participate in a discussion about the California High Speed Rail project tomorrow (Thursday) at SJSU!
- Nov 28, 2012Will high speed rail become a reality?
TransForm believes that high speed rail has the potential to reinforce cities as
the hubs of our economy, relieve congested roads, plus help California meet
clean air and greenhouse gas reduction goals. Yet it also has an enormous price
tag, is being slapped by lawsuits, and has generated opposition in urban and
rural areas alike. (Read more in TransForm's June 2012 report).
Join Dan Richard, Chair of the California High Speed Rail Authority, Stuart
Cohen, Executive Director of TransForm, Marian Lee from Caltrain, and Elizabeth
Alexis from Californians Advocating Responsible Rail Design for a lively,
honest, and candid discussion that promises to dig into some of the most
confounding issues facing the project.
· When: Thursday, November 29 at 6:00 p.m.
· Where: San Jose State University, College of Engineering, Room 189
· Cost: $10, free for students and TransForm supporters. Click here to
· Sponsored by: TransForm and the California Association of Environmental
· What: A panel discussion on the future of high speed rail. The event
includes light snacks and networking starting at 6:00 p.m.
Download an event flier here to help spread the word! I hope to see you there.
Be part of the movement to transform transportation!
Donate now and help us reach our 15 Year Anniversary Campaign goal of $75,000 by
December 31 so we're ready to win in 2013.
Chris Lepe, Community Planner, Silicon Valley
48 South 7th Street, Suite #103, San Jose, CA 95112
Sign up for our emails at www.TransFormCA.org.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, too.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]