      From: Chen, Wayne <wayne.chen@...>
      Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM
      Subject: FW: 2012 Affordable Housing Invite--Please FWD

      ============================

      Dear Leader in Santa Clara County,

      We would like to invite you to participate in this year's 2012
      Affordable Housing Tour (details below). We also encourage you to pass
      this invitation along to anyone you believe would benefit from
      attending this event.

      Thank you from the Silicon Valley Leadership Group and the Housing
      Action Coalition of Santa Clara County.
      ----------------

      Dispelling the Myth: The Realities of Affordable Housing in Santa Clara County

      Silicon Valley Leadership Group challenges our County's leaders,
      stakeholders and residents to come together for a half-day tour that
      promises to completely transform everything you thought you knew about
      affordable housing!

      Register here: http://housingtour2012.eventbrite.com/

      With the recent elimination of redevelopment agencies, the ability to
      create affordable homes to meet the diverse needs of residents is in
      severe threat. Meanwhile, new proposals to build affordable homes are
      often hindered by neighborhood opposition, due to popular myths and
      misbeliefs.

      This event serves to debunk those myths by providing an exclusive
      opportunity to get an inside look at the different types of housing
      that serve Santa Clara County. Come and learn about the reality of how
      affordable home communities actually attract resources, add value, and
      create vibrancy for neighborhoods.

      Details

      When: Saturday, May 26th

      Time: 8:30am-1pm

      Location: Corde Terra Village (shown above)

      2600 Corde Terra Circle, San Jose

      Registration Link: http://housingtour2012.eventbrite.com/

      *Cost: $10 (Breakfast and Lunch Provided)

      This is a highly anticipated event during Santa Clara County's
      Affordable Housing Week. Please register as soon as possible!

      Limited Space is available. *Fee waiver available upon request.

      Contact Clorama at cdorvilias@... or 408.501.7873.

      This is our first tour of a two part series that will showcase the
      modern designs of the various types of affordable homes that meet the
      needs of our diverse and county residents. This first tour will
      highlight the efforts of the City of San Jose, a leader in the Bay
      Area for building exemplary affordable and market rate home
      communities. Then join us in the fall to tour the affordable housing
      communities of neighboring cities who also strive to create vibrant
      and livable options for working families and individuals.