4550Fw: Internship: The White House
- Jan 3, 2011Some recent planning students might be interested in this opportunity.
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "Lewis, Ashley" <ahm22@...>
Sent: Mon, January 3, 2011 10:42:00 AM
Subject: FW: Internship: The White House
Note: deadline approaching quickly.
Experiential Learning Coordinator | Pathways to Public Service Coordinator
Career Center | California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA. 95819-6064
p. 916.278.5089 | f. 916.278.6872 | alewis@...
Drop-in hours posted at www.csus.edu/careercenter/students_majors/hhs/index.stm
Subject: Internship: The White House
Internship: The White House
Internship: The White House
Posted: 20 Dec 2010 08:03 AM PST
Summer 2011 Program: Things to Know
The application period for the Summer 2011 program is now open. Applicants will
have from November 8, 2010 through January 9, 2011 to apply for a Summer 2011
White House Internship. Please read instructions below and refer to ourFAQ page
for additional explanations.
The following are important questions to ask yourself before and after
submitting your internship application. The link to apply can be found at the
bottom of this page, but please read all instructions before starting your
Am I eligible to apply for a White House Internship?
All White House Internship Program participants must be:
* United States citizens
* At least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
* Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college,
community college or university OR graduated in the past two years from
undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university
* A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school
diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty at any time over the
past two years
Am I available for the Summer 2011 internship program?
All White House Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of
* The summer internship term runs from May 31, 2011 – August 12, 2011
* Please visit our FAQ page for questions regarding quarter systems
* The White House internship program is an unpaid program
* The White House internship program is a full-time program
* Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
* Hours may vary by office
* Please visit our FAQ page for questions regarding the definition of
Do I have all my application materials?
A completed packet includes:
* Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
* Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page
* Three Letters of Recommendation
How do I submit my application correctly?
All application materials must be submitted online.
* The Summer 2011 application will be available from November 8, 2010 through
January 9, 2011
* The application period for the Spring 2011 program has closed. All Summer
2011 application materials MUST be submitted ON or BEFORE 11:59 p.m. EDT January
* When an applicant enters a recommender’s email address into the application,
the recommender will be sent an email with instructions on how to submit a
recommendation for the applicant.
* When a letter of recommendation has been successfully submitted, both the
applicant and the recommender will receive an email confirmation with the name
of the recommender who has submitted a letter on the applicant’s behalf
Am I ready to apply?
Click here to submit your Summer 2011 White House Internship application.
You are subscribed to email updates from Black Philanthropic Alliance
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered
Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]