4252Internship available NOW

  • Jill Boone
    Mar 3, 2010
      Santa Clara County is offering a paid internship position in the Climate Change and Sustainability Program. The internship will include a wide range of work helping to establish an energy program for residential retrofits, doing analysis on a commute survey, helping with grant writing and research, helping the Zero Waste committee with materials for the Recycling and Waste Reduction Commission, doing some countywide research,  and assisting the Climate Change and Sustainability Manager on a variety of tasks.

      Potential interns need to meet these qualifications to participate in the County’s internship program:
      ·         Must be enrolled in college or a recent graduate (within 6 months)
      ·         Must have a 2.5 GPA or above
      ·         Eligible to work in the U.S.
      ·         Course of study must relate to work

      In addition to these requirements, I am looking for someone (or possibly two half time interns) who have strong writing and analysis skills, are good communicators and problem solvers and can work independently. This is high energy and exciting work. Potential candidates should be high achievers and interested in environmental issues and policy as well as willing to do just about anything from copies to writing documents. It’s a wonderful opportunity for someone to get a bit of government experience while doing work that is important to the future health of the planet!

      Hours are flexible and able to accommodate your school schedule. The internship will go through June, 2010 and can be part time or full time depending on the availability of the right candidate. If you are interested in this position, please email me (at work - see email address below) with a cover letter, your resume and an unofficial transcript. Please let me know when you are available to start and how many hours you are interested in working. Selected applicants will then be asked to submit an application and come for an interview.

      I would like to move quickly on this opportunity, so please respond quickly if you are interested. I expect to interview candidates next week if possible.

      If you do not meet the four bullet point requirements above, you are not eligible for our program. Sorry!

      Jill Boone
      Climate Change & Sustainability Manager
      Santa Clara County

      408-299-5164