419FWD: Community Planning--Call for Volunteers

    Feb 28 12:31 PM
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 02/28/2003 12:29 PM -----

      On March 13, Urban Ecology is hosting a community workshop in the Lower
      San
      Antonio. It is the second in a series of workshops which will result in a
      Community Action Plan for the neighborhood.

      We are in need of a few more small group facilitators and note takers to
      help
      run our break-out groups. And we are *especially* in need of
      Spanish-speaking
      facilitators and note takers!!!!

      The workshop will be run entirely in small groups, and consist of a design

      game intended (a) to map types and locations of streetscape & traffic
      calming
      improvements; and (b) to generate ideas and strategies for improving the
      business district.

      A commitment to volunteering entails three important things:

      1. that you read, fully and completely, a 'facilitator packet' which I
      will
      send you a few days beforehand;
      2. that you attend a breif but interesting and informative facilitator
      training session to learn the basics of the design game before the
      workshop;
      3. that you show up on time to the workshop.

      March 13 5-7:30pm, Garfield Middle School, 22nd & Foothill, Lower San
      Antonio,
      Oakland

      If you are interested, please email or call me as soon as possible.

      Thank you!

      Sara

      #510.251.6333
      sara@...