3325University of Colorado - PhD Fellowship in Design and Planning

    Nov 29, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 11/29/2007 09:36 PM -----

      Exciting IGERT PhD Fellowships Available to Study Sustainable Urban Infrastructure in Real Cities!!

      The University of Colorado Denver seeks PhD students in Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Public Affairs, and, Health & Behavioral Sciences to work on dissertations pertaining to the development of sustainable infrastructures in cities worldwide.

      PROGRAM SUMMARY: Our program seeks to integrate innovative technologies in various infrastructure sectors (water, energy, transport, waste, buildings, etc) with urban planning, public policy and participatory community research to achieve urban health and sustainability goals. Students from all the participating disciplines in this program will have the exciting opportunity to work on real-world sustainability projects in cities along the Denver Front Range in Colorado, USA, and/or in our sister city, Chennai, India. We are presently partnering with three cities to assist in water, energy, climate action and health projects.

      We started the program this academic year, and it is going quite well. Our students like the truly multi-discplinary and hands-on approach we have developed, including new courses, joint dissertation advising, hands-on real world projects, etc.

      IGERT PhD TRAINEE BENEFITS include tuition and fees, a stipend of $30K per year for 2.3 years, and much more! Students interested in MS degrees should enquire about our IGERT MS Associate positions.

      If you have questions, you may contact:

      Kevin J. Krizek
      Associate Professor, Planning & Civil Engineering
      (303) 556 - 3282
      http://www.kevinjkrizek.org