2098"Smart" Parking SVLG Conference - San Jose, March 8
- Jan 12, 2006
“Smart” Parking: Sound Land Use Through Innovative
Technology and Policy Strategies
SAVE THE DATE!
Wednesday, March 8
San Jose, CA
Is your community or agency struggling with parking issues? Then join Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG) at a conference on March 8 to hear about innovative technological and policy strategies being applied to parking that can open up new development opportunities, reduce traffic, facilitate greater transit usage, and ultimately support sound land use.
Principal speakers: UCLA Professor Donald Shoup, author of The High Cost of Free Parking and a national expert on parking issues, and San Jose Vice Mayor Cindy Chavez, a local transportation and housing champion. Workshops will cover, among other topics:
· Parking guidance information systems
· Automated parking garages
· Market-based parking programs and technologies to support such policies
· How to evaluate cost/benefits of conventional versus technological solutions
· How to overcome institutional obstacles and win public support for new policy/technological ideas
· How to integrate traditional and innovative technologies to maximize benefit
More details will be sent shortly and posted at www.svlg.net. If you have questions, call 408/501-7864.