1656FT Position - San Jose CA - Lenders for Community Development - Development Associate
- Jun 16, 2005
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/16/2005 10:48 AM -----
Job Title: Development Associate
Organization: Lenders for Community Development
Location: San Jose, Downtown
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Lenders for Community Development provides financial tools and training to
low-income individuals, families, and communities, helping them to move
beyond poverty and toward self-sufficiency. LCD channels resources into
Silicon Valley communities which have been underserved by conventional
financial institutions, and gives their residents the tools they need to
transform their own lives.
The Development Associate assists the Director of Development & Policy and
the Executive Director in executing LCD’s fundraising, communications, and
policy activities. The Development Associate has responsibility for
maintaining and improving LCD’s grant management systems, drafting grant
proposals and reports, managing fundraising event planning, and coordinating
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee
as a part of the evaluation and work plan process. These more detailed
responsibilities become part of each employee’s job description. Duties
include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Research prospects, write grants, and manage reports:
• Collect information regarding potential funders, guidelines, and
• Collect data relevant to programs and funding proposals (e.g. Census data,
target summaries, quarterly reports).
• Enter reporting dates and confirm completion of reports in the database.
• Keep track of pending reports and follow up by either writing the report,
or referring it to DDP.
• Draft grant proposals, as needed
• Write, produce, and coordinate distribution of email newsletter (three
times a year).
• Write thank you letters for all donations received.
• Maintain info@... email address.
• Review and update information for annual report and coordinate production.
Manage fundraising event planning:
• Work with Office Manager to secure locations, caterers, speakers, awards,
and equipment for Annual Meeting.
• Assist DDP, Development Consultant or ED with planning and execution of
Manage donor database, grant files and associated tasks:
• Enter dates, amounts, results of grant applications.
• Communicate grant results/requirements to CFO & Accounting Manager.
• Enter funder contact summaries and update contact information of relevant
parties, as needed.
• Collect and file proposals, signed grant agreements, guidelines,
communication (meeting summaries, letters, email), and other relevant
documents. Create new files, as needed.
Support DDP and ED in donor and board interaction:
• Follow up on donor contacts and respond to requests for information.
• Attend meetings and briefings, as needed.
***Other duties and responsibilities as may be required***
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development & Policy,
supports the Executive Director, and interacts generally with the
Development and Communications Consultant, members of LCD staff, donors,
board members, and partners.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at computer
terminals and occasionally moving grant files. May be required to travel to
other locations as requested by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Two to four years of relevant experience.
• Superior communication and writing skills, excellent interpersonal skills,
strong organizational skills, and a commitment to community-based economic
development, affordable housing, and wealth creation for low income persons.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage to tight deadlines.
• Intermediate ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (Access a
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to exercise initiative and
• Strong attention to detail.
• Prior non-profit experience, particularly in fundraising or
communications, strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of community development and financial institutions is a plus.
• B.A. required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience
Excellent medical and dental insurance benefits
Tax deferred 403 (b) retirement account (no employer contribution)
Paid holidays, sick leave, and personal days
How to Apply:
Resume and cover letter stating interest and qualifications should be sent
to: Development Associate Search By Email: jobs1@...
Lenders for Community Development
Attn: Development Associate Search
111 West St. John Street, Ste. 710
San Jose, CA. 95113
By FAX: (408) 297-4599
Organization Web Site: www.L4CD.com