1469Lecture Business and Sustainability

    Apr 2, 2005
      Hear one of the leaders in the GREEN BUSINESS movement!

      Wednesday, April 6 2005

      6pm Reception
      6:30 Lecture

      Business and 'sustainability':
      when fiduciary responsibility meets the laws of nature

      A Lecture by Gil Friend
      founder, president and CEO of Natural Logic, Inc.
      Co-founder, Institute for Local Self-Reliance
      Author, The New Bottom Line

      Tomorrow magazine has called Gil Friend "one of the country's leading
      environmental management consultants - a real expert who combines
      theoretical sophistication with hands-on, in-the-trenches know-how."
      In this presentation, he'll share his perspective -- based on 30
      years in the trenches and executive suites dismantling the assumption
      that we have to choose between environment and economy on:
      - why it's so much better than you think
      - why our best is still nowhere near "good enough"
      - why CFOs, not environmentalists, should be leading the
      sustainability revolution.

      This event is sure to sell-out, so be sure to register early!

      LOCATION:  The Commonwealth Club of California
      595 Market Street, CROSS: Second

      COST: Free for Members / $15
      INFO:  http://www.organicarchitect.com/events/friend.html
      RSVP:  http://www.commonwealthclub.org/mlf.html#SUSTAINABILITY