Re: [SJ-24] "Winchers"

  • bhutt@alltel.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      I put them on my boat this year and they are pretty good. They really are not self tailing, however if I put 4 winds around the winch they do hold the line without using the cleat. In windy conditions, or with the genoa, I wrap the line in the grove on top for extra holding power.
      Either way I have not used the cleats at all this year. Makes it easier to tack especially when I'm single handed.

      Bill
      "Knot Racing" #841

    • dlev1956@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        I did on my last boat and just bought two for the jib sheeet winches on my
        San Juan. They worked great for me as a casual sailor. Some of the guys on the
        site who are avid racers may have another opinion, but I like them.
        Dennis