Re: [SJ-24] Re: what glue?what handle?

  • gc138@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
      Thanks John - I did not know about that Teflon tape. I go over and ask about
      it today. Do you know which department has it?
      George #18 "Spaghetti"

    • gc138@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
        John - I just called HD about the teflon tape and they were not sure. I know
        they have stuff in plumbing to wrap pipe threads but that is real thin and
        non-adhesive. More details please.
        George #18 "Spaghetti"

      • Dave Brezina
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
          Hot-melt glue might work, too.

          Dave Brezina

        • Ironhe9240@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
            Has anyone heard of shoe goo.
            It sticks to everything!
          • gc138@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
              Yep - I have heard of shoe Goop and have used it for years. Now they have
              several different varieties of Goop including Marine Goop but it does not stick
              to nylon. That's about the only thing I've found that it won't stick to. Goop
              is a rubber based adhesive according to the manufacturer.
              George #18 "Spaghetti"

            • John Morrison
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
                Sorry George, wasn't checking my e-mails.

                The tape I'm talking about is described here:

                http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?sku=214

                ... thought the stuff I've used in the past was impregnated with
                teflon for scuff resistence.

                I looked at homedepot.com and couldn't find it either...perhaps a
                specialty woodworking outfit? Otherwise, you need to buy a tube of
                Krazy Glue, which is the only readily available glue other than
                model glue that'll stick to nylon.

                John M

              • gc138@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2003
                  Thanks for the info John - I tried LockTite Plastic glue and that didn't work
                  either. I have a test board with about 8 different glues going including
                  resin epoxy which did not work surprisingly.
                  I have been trying to get to a hobby shop for the model glue.
                  George

                  In a message dated 11/2/2003 11:05:39 PM Central Standard Time,
                  johnm@... writes:
                  http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?sku=214

                • sirstopher
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 3, 2003
                    George, Have you tried GUM It sticks to everything.