Re: [SJ-24] Re: SJ24 wanted

  • Dennis Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
      I'll sell you mine for $4,000 where it lies. Kingston
      no not Jamaica, Kingston Wa.
      SV Peanut #99
      Dennis
      --- gc138 <gc138@...> wrote:
      > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "aaa250562"
      > <a250562@n...> wrote:
      > > I'm looking for a SJ 24 in good shape, located in
      > Southern
      > California,
      > > 3,000 dollar cash max. call me in Ensenada
      > 01152-646-1745924 or send
      > > me a mail
      >

      > I suggest you don't hold your breath waiting for
      > that phone to ring.
      > If you can find an SJ24 in good condition for $3000
      > you better snap
      > it up. - provided that the condition actually is
      > "good" condition.
      > There can be hidden problems on all boats. From what
      > I have seen, a
      > $3000 SJ24 would, more likely than not, need some
      > work. But the good
      > news is that most all can be fixed. Anybody
      > disagree? Check through
      > the old posts and you will see lots of the things to
      > look for as far
      > SJ24 problems are concerned. Almost all are from age
      > and wear and
      > tear and not design problems.. It's a great boat!!
      > Hope you find one
      > to suit you.
      > I'll sell you mine for $25,000.(heh-heh)
      > George #18 "Spaghetti"

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Jason
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hope Gil doesn't mind me paraphrasing his recent post:

        A well sailed and rigged Sj24 with reasonable sails should smoke any
        Cal25, Santana 20 or Capri22 going to windward. Particularly, the
        Cal25 should not even come close.

        And, they kick @$$ on the water in style... If I had a nickel for
        every person who said "NICE boat", I could buy 3 more SJ-24's at that
        price... A fixer-upper, within in relatively easy reach of great
        condition though? You bet. They got talent, I'll give them that,
        but when was the last time you heard someone tell a J-24 sailor "NICE
        LOOKIN' Boat?"

        In the right conditions - we kick their butt's TOO!

        ROCK ON SAN JUAN!
        Scrambleman

        > > <a250562@n...> wrote:
        > > > I'm looking for a SJ 24 in good shape, located in Southern
        California, 3,000 dollar cash max.
        > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Samantha Haney
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
          Hi,

          I have a SJ24 in excellent shape here in Seattle, WA. It's $3500 but all
          the proceeds benefits Footloose Sailing Association, which is a club for
          disabled sailors. Our SJ is a 1975 but has been gently sailed in the
          Northwest and in mostly freshwater. I know we're not exactly your
          locale, but please email if you have any questions. I have also attached
          our flyer for more information.

          Regards,
          Samantha Haney

          I'm looking for a SJ 24 in good shape, located in Southern California,
          3,000 dollar cash max. call me in Ensenada 01152-646-1745924 or send
          me a mail

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          065792:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hi
          t?page=1374-105951838331032> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1712983/rand=202256843>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Todd
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
            Hi Samantha,

            I'd love to see some pictures if you've got them. I
            didn't get the flyer :(
            $3500 is a pretty low price, is there anything wrong
            with it?

            Todd

            --- Samantha Haney <waypoint00@...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I have a SJ24 in excellent shape here in Seattle,
            > WA. It's $3500 but all
            > the proceeds benefits Footloose Sailing Association,
            > which is a club for
            > disabled sailors. Our SJ is a 1975 but has been
            > gently sailed in the
            > Northwest and in mostly freshwater. I know we're not
            > exactly your
            > locale, but please email if you have any questions.
            > I have also attached
            > our flyer for more information.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Samantha Haney

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Brian & Sue Styles
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
              Samantha,

              Do you still have the SJ for sale?

              I have a 74 that I overhauled last winter and would like to work on another
              this year.

              Do you have any photos of her?

              Regards,

              Brian
              > I have a SJ24 in excellent shape here in Seattle, WA. It's $3500 but all
              > the proceeds benefits Footloose Sailing Association, which is a club for
              > disabled sailors. Our SJ is a 1975 but has been gently sailed in the
              > Northwest and in mostly freshwater. I know we're not exactly your
              > locale, but please email if you have any questions. I have also attached
              > our flyer for more information.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Samantha Haney

            • dhull_ontheroad
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5 6:01 PM
                I have a SJ24 lying at Redondo Beach (King Harbor
                Marina to be exact) that I would sell at this price.
                It is in "good condition"; in fact I do sail it
                about once a month - early this Spring, with a reefed
                main,(boy that's the beauty of this boat) in 20+
                knots with my sister and God-son on board!
                He had a blast as we cleared the harbor and
                the Pacific swell hit us.
                I live far inland now and need a bigger boat
                so I can "overnight" on it.

                David
                (colobus@...) or reply to this newsgroup
                with a phone number.