A good sail from a shipwrecked san juan 24

  • obotord
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi,
      Me and my friend Tyler and his brother Eldredge own a SJ-24 and we
      are 10 years old and his brother is 9. We took the boat out sailing
      yaesterday for the first time ever. The story is my neigbour used to
      own the boat but some how one night the mooring line snapped and the
      boat shipwrecked on the beach. We (being Tyler,me,Eldredge,my
      dad,Tyler`s uncle,Tyler`s dad) got the boat back in the water it
      took us from 5:32 pm to 9:45 pm. Our neighbor just let us have the
      boat and Tyler`s dad towed the boat to there house. For a year and 9
      months the boat sat on a mooring. I went on a trip on a sailboat for
      seven months and when I came back they still had`nt sailed the darn
      thing. I came out to the boat and found a small hole in the bottom
      of the boat and I stuffed it with sponge pieces from a old torn up
      sponge left in the boat and there was no more leaking. When we went
      sailing the other day I was inside the boat the whole time bailing
      because the hatch leaks for some reason. Well we still have a lot of
      work on the boat to do wish us luck.

      Nick H. Johnstone
    • Gil Lund
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
        Nick
        That was a very good story. You must be the youngest Sj24 owner in
        the workd. I am sure there are a lot of people on this website that
        will love to help you get the boat in good order. I have some old,
        but still good sails that I would be happy to donate to your boat.
        Were are you guys located?
        Gil Lund

        --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "obotord" <obotord@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Me and my friend Tyler and his brother Eldredge own a SJ-24 and we
        > are 10 years old and his brother is 9. We took the boat out sailing
        > yaesterday for the first time ever. The story is my neigbour used
        > own the boat but some how one night the mooring line snapped and
        the
        > boat shipwrecked on the beach. We (being Tyler,me,Eldredge,my
        > dad,Tyler`s uncle,Tyler`s dad) got the boat back in the water it
        > took us from 5:32 pm to 9:45 pm. Our neighbor just let us have the
        > boat and Tyler`s dad towed the boat to there house. For a year and
        9
        > months the boat sat on a mooring. I went on a trip on a sailboat
        for
        > seven months and when I came back they still had`nt sailed the darn
        > thing. I came out to the boat and found a small hole in the bottom
        > of the boat and I stuffed it with sponge pieces from a old torn up
        > sponge left in the boat and there was no more leaking. When we went
        > sailing the other day I was inside the boat the whole time bailing
        > because the hatch leaks for some reason. Well we still have a lot
        of
        > work on the boat to do wish us luck.
        >
        > Nick H. Johnstone
      • Nick Johnstone
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
          Hi, Gil Lund
          That is very nice but we already have some sails. Thank you though that is very nice of you to do. That was the nicest thing anyones ever offered to me. No thank you.

          Nick