for sale

  • jadams2dumnedu
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2003
      As a repeat,

      I have a 1974 SJ 24 for sale. It has a 6 horsepower older
      Johnson outboard, a set of newer race sails as well as crusing
      sails. It also has new cushions, a refinished interior. beefed up
      sole, new teak mast step, wiring, battery, & combined
      depth/speed instrument. Deck hardware and lines have also
      been recently renewed or upgraded.

      It comes on a tandem wheeled trailer.

      The boat is now in my front yard. Images are in the Photo section of our
      Yahoo group in the album "So Bat"

      Please contact me directly if interested in aquiring more
      information about the boat.
    • GC138
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
      • michaelmauer49
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2014
          Write a message...
        • Walt Garvock Carpentry
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 15, 2014
            What do you think of the Capri 25?
            Was looking for a SJ24 and saw a project Capri 25 on a road ready trailer and just serviced 5 hp Merc, 2 spd winches, decent sails and rigging for just $2200 !!! Interior is gone but would give me a chance to get creative with some lightweight materials and lead deck plates !
            A lot faster than the SJ24 and a sharp looking boat.
            I like the SJ and have owned one in the past, was a very capable boat.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, "michaelmauer49@... [SJ-24]" <SJ-24@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Write a message...

          • B Chandler
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 15, 2014
              Ha! Never could be faster then an SJ 24!!

              CC: SJ-24@yahoogroups.com
              To: SJ-24@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 17, 2014
                I have both.  I was racing the SJ 24, but it was in a MORC fleet.  I picked up the Capri last year to race in the one design fleet.  I now have the SJ 24 in the Apostle Islands (for sale).

                IMHO:  I love the upwinds in heavy weather in the SJ 24.  I love the downwinds in the Capri.  The SJ is built better and will outlast the Capri.  Overall I prefer to race the Capri and cruise the San Juan.
              • Walt Garvock Carpentry
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 21, 2014
                  Didn't get my Capri a after all since my wife said she'd divorce me!
                  Would rather have the SJ anyways

                  Sent from my iPhone