San Juan-de-vous

  • svickybird
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2002
      I just talked to Pt. Hudson Marina and reserved the last spot they
      had available for the weekend of Aug. 23-25. Is anyone else from the
      Seattle area (Lk. Washington in particular) going? I'd love to join
      you all on the trips up and/or back. Please contact me offlist at
      greygull@...

      I'm real excited about this and look forward to meeting you all. Is
      there any sort of meeting place/time in Pt. Townsend? Is there a
      schedule of events yet?

      Thanks
      Paige Watson
      s.v. Grey Gull (aka Icky Bird)
    • John Sexton
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2002
        anyone need crew? someone to weave stories? bring a
        guitar?? cook? someone to rebuild the starboard
        chainplate bulkhead?
        Mango is still in Hawaii and Gambit is not up to the
        trip but i want the fellowship what shall i do?
        Ill trade a spinnaker for a birth'
        John

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • dumond@cablespeed.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2002
          John,

          We have plenty of space for you at our home and on our boat. If you would like to stay with us and tell your tales please reply via e-mail @ dumond@.... I will give you directions to our humble abode near Port Townsend.

          Mark and Nan
          Mentalfloss 706
          anyone need crew? someone to weave stories? bring a
          guitar?? cook? someone to rebuild the starboard
          chainplate bulkhead?
          Mango is still in Hawaii and Gambit is not up to the
          trip but i want the fellowship what shall i do?
          Ill trade a spinnaker for a birth'
          John

          http://health.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • wormlund
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2002
            John
            Driving to Port Townsend is not that far. Or if you drive to Seattle
            you can have a ride with me.
            Gil

            --- In SJ-24@y..., John Sexton <wordguy7@y...> wrote:
            > anyone need crew? someone to weave stories? bring a
            > guitar?? cook? someone to rebuild the starboard
            > chainplate bulkhead?
            > Mango is still in Hawaii and Gambit is not up to the
            > trip but i want the fellowship what shall i do?
            > Ill trade a spinnaker for a birth'
            > John

            > http://health.yahoo.com
          • MOONBEAM_48
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2002
              Ok, so I just now stumbled on to this forum. I have an SJ24 hull #99.
              Can somebody tell me where and when the rendezvous is going to take
              place? I might be interested in attending.
              moonbeam_48@...
            • markrider4@attbi.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 7, 2002
                It will be held August 23-25 in Port Townsend,
                Washington. If you are coming from the Great Lakes,
                you'd better get started down the St. Lawrence Seaway.
                The trip across the Atlantic is currently under
                discussion. The Mediterannean should be fabulous, take
                care going though the Suez Canal. Head for the Southern
                Ocean once out of the Arabian Sea, both for the better
                winds and the shortened distance. You don't have time
                for either Australia or New Zealand, just cruise to
                Hawaii. If you make it that far, the trip from Hawaii
                to the Pacific NW should only take 3 to 4 weeks...

                Wait, this thing is only 2 weeks away. Better drive,
                trailer, or start on Puget Sound or the Straits in order
                to make it.

                Last thing, the code phrase: "Hey, that's a San Juan
                24!" and password: "Yup."

                That's all you need to know.

                Oh yeah, and Gil is looking for crew to sail up with him
                from Seattle. This is the first ever on record. No
                official racing, just fun. No spinnakers during any fun
                races, in-between racing, that's another story.

                Hope to see you there.

                Mark
              • MOONBEAM_48
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 7, 2002
                  Mark, thanks for the itinerary, unlike some I think I will stick with
                  a more direct route-Kingston, Wa. to PT. I like my SJ but I have no
                  illusions about the comfort/safety of crossing oceans in it. I believe
                  I saw some indications that this is going to be at the Pt. Hudson
                  Marina and that there were no slips available. I was just there last
                  week end and I believe the sign said rafting up to 5 across. I suppose
                  if I just showed up I could find a place to raft up.What's your
                  thought on this?
                  Thanks for the reply.
                  Dennis
                  SJ24 "Peanut" formerly of Chicago
                  -- In SJ-24@y..., markrider4@a... wrote:
                  > It will be held August 23-25 in Port Townsend,
                  > Washington. If you are coming from the Great Lakes,
                  > you'd better get started down the St. Lawrence Seaway.
                  > The trip across the Atlantic is currently under
                  > discussion. The Mediterannean should be fabulous, take
                  > care going though the Suez Canal. Head for the Southern
                  > Ocean once out of the Arabian Sea, both for the better
                  > winds and the shortened distance. You don't have time
                  > for either Australia or New Zealand, just cruise to
                  > Hawaii. If you make it that far, the trip from Hawaii
                  > to the Pacific NW should only take 3 to 4 weeks...
                  >
                  > Wait, this thing is only 2 weeks away. Better drive,
                  > trailer, or start on Puget Sound or the Straits in order
                  > to make it.
                  >
                  > Last thing, the code phrase: "Hey, that's a San Juan
                  > 24!" and password: "Yup."
                  >
                  > That's all you need to know.
                  >
                  > Oh yeah, and Gil is looking for crew to sail up with him
                  > from Seattle. This is the first ever on record. No
                  > official racing, just fun. No spinnakers during any fun
                  > races, in-between racing, that's another story.
                  >
                  > Hope to see you there.
                  >
                  > Mark
                • Mark Rider
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 18, 2002
                    John,

                    Did you find a ride to PT yet? If not, I have a little problem which might serve as a solution to you.

                    I had hoped one of my crew could ferry my SJ up from Seattle on Friday, but it appears that isn't going to work out this year.

                    I'll be bringing members of my family along in our cruising boat and have been unsuccessful at negotiations to get my partner to drive that boat while I bring up the San Juan..

                    If you want to bring the San Juan from Shilshole to PT, I can have cushions for the vberth aboard. We are planning to leave with the tide early Friday morning, which means for a 6am start. I will have the boat at Shilshole Thursday evening. I have an 8hp Honda which gets it to hull speed and is relatively quiet.

                    Let me know if you'd like to take me up on my offer. If you wanted to bring a guest, that would be fine by me, as well.

                    Mark
                    (425) 228-8311
                    (206) 852-5502

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 20, 2002
                      Are you guys still up for crew?--I would love to joinn
                      you---" Haul the sheets in as we ride on the wind that
                      our forefathers harnessed bofore us"---or maybe
                      "...and the water so green and the air was so
                      clean...."
                      heck I 'll bring a guitar
                      John
                      "Mango Tango"--a crossing vet
                      "Gambit"

                      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                      http://www.hotjobs.com
                    • John Sexton
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 20, 2002
                        mark---so ill try to touch base with you Wed-- but ill
                        her up-- you can call me --503-502-0705
                        John

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 21, 2002
                          Good to talk with you. Look forward to hooking up Thursday.

                          Mark