Re: rudder post lube...

  • mentallfloss706
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      --- In SJ-24@y..., eriesloop1@a... wrote:
      > i've got a plastic sleave in the housing that i will clean...it is
      very gummy
      > and sticky. before resetting the rudder should i put new lube on
      the post/
      > sleave?
      >
      > if so, could i use the same synthetic grease that i use to lube my
      winches???

      > any thoughts?

      Yup, this is an area I finnaly have some expertise in. I used a
      CRC product which is graphite based. Believe it or not it is
      designed for brake calipers. The greese is very thin and when dry
      or washed out it leaves a graphite film on the rudder shaft. Only a
      couple of bucks at the local auto parts store. Be careful this
      stuff is messy and seems to get everywhere if you dont remember that
      more is not better.