New Trailer Project

  • paulslaguna26
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
      Calling all DIY'ers!!

      I bought a JUNK DERELICT BOAT on Saturday just to get the Double Axle Trailer that is was sitting on. One Caveat, I had to haul the boat off with the trailer.

      Anyone want a free Boat?? It has an old (Condition unknown) Chevy 454 big block, and ANCIENT OMC electric shift/tilt outdrive with a Stainless prop on it.

      I posted 3 pictures in my album here.

      I hope that anyone who has converted a power boat trailer for use with their SJ-24 will contact me with any ideas or plans, etc. Mainly interested in any dimensions and spacing of the upright supports.

      I think the trailer that George's "Spaghetti" is sitting on is about the closest to what I want to do with this trailer.

      Now, I have to go to Tampa and bring my SJ-24 home to ATLANTA!!

      Paul Reason
    • olyoly674@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
        good luck

        a sail boat without a trailor is worthless for long distance or cold weather sale

        i bought 1 in ft myers and leave in water all year

        if i ever sell it would have to be local

        jon
      • George Cunningham
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
          Paul - from what I have heard in recent times, Florida is not a place to be trying selling a boat. Maybe you will be better off inland.
          George Cunningham #18 Spaghetti
          Franklin TN