Re: New To The Group -- A Friendly 'Hello'!

  • peniki_westfalia
    Message 1 of 12 , May 25, 2012
      Thanks so much, Mark! : ) I've been searching for the harness, but for now, we just gotta locate some stanchions. We bought bases already; really sturdy and new ones.

      But, we reached a milestone this past week when we took our little'n to the boat for the first time. Secure in her life-jacket, she took to crawling around the V-berth quite well. She seemed to really love being there.

      Thanks againf or the great advice!

      Penny
      Peniki II J-24 #38

      --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "Mark 42" <m_kanzler@...> wrote:

      > I actually got harnesses and jacklines for my kids when they were smaller.
      > If they are attached, they can't go overboard by climbing or
      > sliding under some unanticipated breach in the nets.
    • Stephen Jensen
      Message 2 of 12 , May 26, 2012
        We have the stanchions and back-up plates available.
        Stephen Jensen
        Stephen@...

        peniki_westfalia <SurfingSafaribiz@...> wrote:

        Thanks so much George! : ) I really appreciate the pointers. I look forward to learning more and more about sailing. We are getting Peniki II really spiffed up since we bought her. And we've had the good fortune of being given a few sails and a small electric troller. Still looking for those stanchions, though we have the bases now.

        Penny
        Peniki II SJ-24 #38

        --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, George Cunningham <gc138@...> wrote:

        > Suggestion: Since you are new to the group, I would like to mention that there is an extensive lamount of information in the Files section.

      • peniki_westfalia
        Message 3 of 12 , May 26, 2012
          Thanks so much, Stephen. We have the backing plates too, as they came with the bases, but how tall are your stanchions...and what's the diameter of the base-end?

          : )

          Message 4 of 12 , May 26, 2012
            I don't have the specifications with me, but these are OEM parts.
            I can get that info Monday

            Stephen Jensen
            Mobile