2012 SJ24 North American Championship

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
      Hi Sailors!

      As the sailing season is about to start, many are thinking about this year's racing events. The North American Championship is the pinnacle for SJ24 fleets. This year it returns to Oak Harbor, WA (Whidbey Island). The dates are currently being sorted out so, stay tuned.

      You can follow the details as they come at: https://sites.google.com/site/sj24northwest/

      We'd like to invite all San Juan 24 skippers/crew/enthusiasts to join us this year. If you live outside the Pacific Northwest and want to participate, we will be listings boats who need crew on the site. We hope that inspires those skippers who are on the fence to join us and give others the opportunity as well.

      We had a great time last year with 16 boats participating. This year we hope to break the 20 boat number. Our beloved SJ24s are turning 40 this year and we plan to make this year's event epic. What a great way to celebrate these great boats.

      Happy Sailing!

      Dave
      SJ24 Renaissance, Hull#20
      www.oakharborvikings.com
    • mitch rinella
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
        Why has the date been changed?  For over six months the date has been scheduled for June 16-17.  Is there a conflict of interests that would constitute a date change?  If so, I would like to be informed.

        Mitch Rinella
        Skamokawa #890

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
          Hi Mitch,

          The dates in June were proposed and there are a few conflicts with thoses dates that we are sorting out. Right now, nothing is set.

          We'll let you know when we have it finalized.

          Dave

          --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, mitch rinella <rinella14@...> wrote:

          > Why has the date been changed?  For over six months the date has been scheduled for June 16-17.  Is there a conflict of interests that would constitute a date change?  If so, I would like to be informed.
          >
          > Mitch Rinella
          > Skamokawa #890

        • mitch rinella
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
            Hi Dave,

            As a group, it was collaborated that those dates where ideal.  The dates didn't conflict with the Windemere Regatta AYC puts on.  It provided an opportunity for the Bellingham boats to attend Windemere and NAC to minimize their travel. And, for the Seattle Fleet it's a month after NOOD and a month before WIRW.

            Aside from the date being established months ago, at least six, OHYC has had the event sheduled on their calender for months yoo.

            Here's a link to there news letter (page 6):

            I look forward to hearing about these conflicts.  I am sure they can be resolved so we can proceed with the original plans.

            Thanks,

            Mitch Rinella
            Skamokawa #890

            From: Dave <davesteckman@...>
            Subject: [SJ-24] Re: 2012 SJ24 North American Championship
            To: SJ-24@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 12:33 PM

            Hi Mitch,

            The dates in June were proposed and there are a few conflicts with thoses dates that we are sorting out. Right now, nothing is set.

            We'll let you know when we have it finalized.

            Dave

            --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, mitch rinella <rinella14@...> wrote:

            > Why has the date been changed?  For over six months the date has been scheduled for June 16-17.  Is there a conflict of interests that would constitute a date change?  If so, I would like to be informed.
            >
            > Mitch Rinella
            > Skamokawa #890

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2012
              Ahoy SJ24 Sailors,

              Registration is now open for this year's San Juan 24 North American Championship. The Championship has returned to Oak Harbor, WA (Whidbey Island). Due to its central location, it was chosen to encourage racers from BC, Canada and South Puget Sound to make the trip for some great fun. Last year, 16 SJ24 boats joined some of the best racing in recent years. This year we anticipate more than 20 boats. The regatta is open to all skill levels.

              Race info and registration paperwork can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/sj24northwest/

              Come celebrate 40 years of great San Juan 24 sailing. June 15-17, 2012

              Dave
              SJ24 Renaissance, Hull#20
              www.oakharborvikings.com
            • Bradley
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2012
                Hello Dave. I have been getting my bout ready to paint next Friday and Saturday, it will go in on Sunday.. I have not heard anything from anyone about the main sail  thatI will need to participate this summer.  If there is any way you can hook me up with someone it would be greatly appreciated, I would like to buy one instead of burrow because I plan on sailing all summer not just the race. thank you for putting me on the swap site. maybe something will come of it. Brad  "It is what it is"
                425 268 5581

                Message 7 of 7 , May 20, 2012
                  Greetings,

                  The SJ24 North American Championship is just a few weeks away. To help us plan this epic event, we need to get registrations in soon.
                  https://sites.google.com/site/sj24northwest/

                  If you haven't sent yours in and are planning on joining us, please drop me a line with boat name, harbor, and skipper's contact info. From chatter earlier in the year, it looks like we could reach the 25 boat number! That is awesome. This regatta is open to new skippers as well as the seasoned. We are also inviting our friends across the border to join us for this epic event. You won't want to miss it!

                  Dave
                  SJ24 Renaissance
                  www.oakharborvikings.com