Re: Shore Power

  • DavidB
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
      I put the shore power input on the port cockpit bulkhead wall and a breaker panel and one duplex plug in the plywood behind the settee seat. No one sits at the table anyway and it makes for easy access to wire, through the locker. Putting the input on the vertical wall makes it less likely to leak when you take a wave with rail down and provides easy access to disconnect when you're in the cockpit. Since we don't sit in the cockpit while watching the widescreen or using the microwave or air conditioner, having the cable there is not in the way. I did the same type of installation in my T10. Our main use of shore power (just joking about widescreen, etc.) is to keep the battery charged and keep the bilge pump functioning.

      Dave Brezina
      T10 Ratty Chicago
      SJ24 Scorpion Washington Island