Re: Lazy Jacks / Roller Furling

  • DavidB
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2011
      I found the box for the lazyjacks. Harken 252 Lazyjack kit.
      In addition to the wires, on strap eyes on the mast, there are three strap eyes on the boom, plus a turning block and cleat. The rope part creates kind of a 'basket' with a single line up on the port side, forward, through the wire eye, down to the port side strap eye aft, under to the starboard strap eye aft, up to the starboard side wire, down to turning block starboard, to cleat.

    • cztomo@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2011
        Thanks for the info Dave.

        > I found the box for the lazyjacks. Harken 252 Lazyjack kit.
        > In addition to the wires, on strap eyes on the mast, there are
        > three strap eyes on the boom, plus a turning block and cleat.
        > The rope part creates kind of a 'basket' with a single line up
        > on the port side, forward, through the wire eye, down to the
        > port side strap eye aft, under to the starboard strap eye aft,
        > up to the starboard side wire, down to turning block starboard,
        > to cleat.
        >
        > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "DavidB" wrote:
        > >
        > > I installed the Harken lazyjacks kit. It's not needed for
        > racing, but it's handy for shorthanding or cruising.
        > > The boat's at our vacation house, so the kit had the distinct
        > advantage of having everything in the box, so I didn't have to
        > search for 'that missing part.'
        > > I don't have a rigid vang, so lazyjacks also can be snugged to
        > hold up the boom when the halyard is eased.
        > >
        > > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "Team" wrote:
        > > >=
        > > > There is a guy who had a roller furling on his SJ24, he has
        > another boat now and is selling the furler. You can find Mitch
        > Reinell contact info on oakharborvikings.com under the contacts list.

        > there boat?If yes can you please share the info with me?

        Regards,

        Thomas
        ECLIPSE #845
        Long Island, NY

      • wormlund
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2011
          Tom

          Lazy Jacks on a SJ24?????? You must be kidding.

          The main is so small you could put it in your back pocket together with your wallet.

          gil

          --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "cztomo" <cztomo@...> wrote:

          > Have anybody installed Lazy Jacks and or Roller Furling on there boat?If yes can you please share the info with me?
          > Thanks Tom

        • Walt Garvock
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 6, 2011
            I was actually only interested in a roller furling and lazy jacks were there too.Walt

          • cztomo@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 6, 2011
              My main is without slugs and I am sailing with 5 & 8 years old so any help would be great, that's the reason I am looking into jacks and roller Furling.
              Tom

              Sent from Tom's Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

              From: Walt Garvock <waltgarvock@...>
              Sender: SJ-24@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 04:55:39 -0800 (PST)
              To: <SJ-24@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: SJ-24@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [SJ-24] Re: Lazy Jacks / Roller Furling

              I was actually only interested in a roller furling and lazy jacks were there too.Walt

              Lazy Jacks on a SJ24?????? You must be kidding.

              The main is so small you could put it in your back pocket together with your wallet.

              gil

              --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "cztomo" <cztomo@...> wrote:

              > Have anybody installed Lazy Jacks and or Roller Furling on there boat?If yes can you please share the info with me?
              > Thanks Tom

            • Norris & Karen Palmer
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 6, 2011

                Lazy Jacks are still great when you drop the sail….it doesn’t blind your vision nor does it catch a big gust while you are docking….

                Harken has a great page explaining where they go.

                Lazy Jacks on a SJ24?????? You must be kidding.

                The main is so small you could put it in your back pocket together with your wallet.

                gil

                --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "cztomo" <cztomo@...> wrote:

                > Have anybody installed Lazy Jacks and or Roller Furling on there boat?If yes can you please share the info with me?
                > Thanks Tom

                No virus found in this message.

              • DavidB
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 14, 2011
                  If you don't have a vang that holds the boom up and you're sailing singlehanded, it's handy to have lazyjacks. If I were racing, I wouldn't use them, but Scorpion's no longer my racing boat.