Re: [SJ-24] Genoas Cleaned-Genoas for sale?

  • bryan hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
      George, I was thinking about having my 164% done, than my mainsail.
      So probably around 200 for the genoa and 125 for the main. I guess they got a 20% sail going right now. I was more concerned with the resin making the sail like a shirt that was starched. So you think it will do fine in lite air? Are there repairs expensive.Im in Ca.
      Thanks Bryan

      gc138@... wrote:
      Bryan - I've had a main and a 170 cleaned and repaired at Sailcare. The 170 was in pretty good shape when it went but the main was really dirty. The both came back in like new condition. The 170 has lots of body but sails nicely in light air. They re-resin the sails in the cleaning process to give the original body back to otherwise limp cloth. Good people to deal with. I have a problem with the main and they are paying for shipping and reprocessing. It was not a problem with their process but something about the wrong kind of mold/mildew inhibitor that they had to reformulate because of new strains in the southeast US. I got some mildew on it and they will take care of it. They have since redone their formula. I think you're in TX so it probably wouldn't have affected you anyway. Just trying to point out that I like the way they do business. Besides, one of the operators ( I think the guy that answers the phone mostly - Dennis-) used to have an SJ24. Highly recommended. Not cheap by any means but much cheaper than new sails.
      George #18 Spaghetti

      Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

    • gc138@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        Bryan - It's a little "starchy" but it's just like when it was new. It certainly won't be limp by any means. I think you'll be happy. This is a good time with the 20% off. I have to get me dirty 152 up there before the sale runs out. Thanks for reminding me.
        George #18 Spaghetti