Re: Water Tank in SJ24

  • hummingbirdsj24
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
      Our boat "hummingbird" has a large welded stainless tank water tank under the cockpit as
      far back as it can go. We keep it empty to keep water out of the cockpit. Does not look stock,
      more like a pulp mill "goverment job"

      --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "raymondpat92" <raymondpat92@...> wrote:

      > I recently purchased a 1974 SJ24, hull # 317. It has a sink and a hole for a hand pump but I
      > cannot locate any kind of water holding tank. I assume there should be one.
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      > Thanks, Pat

    • Shirley Diamond
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
        My 1973 SJ-24 came with sink, hand pump (with no guts
        inside it!!) and a plastic jug for a water tank. I put
        in a new hand pump and placed a 5 gallon soft-sided
        bladder tank under the quarter berth. It is great.
        Only needed a small hole through the fiberglass to
        connect the hose to the pump. To fill, I just remove
        the cushion and place a hose in the filler.

        Weight balance is good as most of the storage weight
        is already on the port side, so this helps to
        distribute it better.

        -Shirley "Strait Angel"

        > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "raymondpat92"
        > <raymondpat92@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I recently purchased a 1974 SJ24, hull # 317. It
        > has a sink and a hole for a hand pump but I
        > > cannot locate any kind of water holding tank. I
        > assume there should be one.
        > > Any help would be appreciated.
        > > Thanks, Pat

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mark Kanzler
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
          The potable water tank on my boat is in the hanging locker
          (below the little wood "floor" of the hanging locker).

          It is nothing more than a red plastic fuid container...
          looks like a gas can for carrying gas for a lawnmower.