Re:sucia this weekend

  • Bill Sims
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      What a great spot!  Sucia was our first anchorage when I chartered a big boat out of Bellingham.  Is also where I learned that big boats have alot more momentum--I felt I was going to be pulled apart when I deliberated snagged a mooring buoy with my ankle while on the transom step...one of the "rules" from my ex-wife on the trip is that she could not be asked to do anything, so I was singlehanding a boat I didn't really know!

      Bill Sims
      Mandeville, LA

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        I'd like to join this weekend but I will be canoeing on Ross Lake. I was at Patos last weekend,
        it was fantastic.

        Kevin
        #599 Corrymeela

        --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "chris" <bearsglass@...> wrote:

        > so its this weekend to go to sucia echo bay?? from bellingham or were
        > ever.

      • Larry McFadden
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
          This weekend there is a big regatta at Cowichain Bay called the Cow Bay Regatta.

          Always good wind 12-18knts and about 100 boats.

          I will be going there this weekend.

          You can register Friday night beside the big hotel on the beach.

          Larry McFadden

          203-1255 Verdier Ave

          Brentwood Bay, BC

          Canada  V8M 1P1