Re: Scaffold Jacks & Acme Threaded Rod Sale Prices.

  • Mark Kanzler
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2007
      I can't see any way cheaper than the Scaffold Jacks.
      I'll probably order from one of those sources today.

      I did find the Sale Prices (Enco's mail flyer prices)
      for Acme threaded rod & nuts on their website:
      http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INLMK3?PMK0NO=795792

      --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "pjacobs55" <prjacobs@...> wrote:
      I did some searching for screw pads and came up with these:

      http://www.doityourself.com:80/invt/4692273
      http://tinyurl.com/3a3yxn
      http://www.scaffoldmart.com:80/scaffold-jacks.html
      http://tinyurl.com/2ze4zg
    • sailorguy31984
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 1, 2007
        --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kanzler" <m_kanzler@...> wrote:

        Another option.....http://www.boatstands.com/index2.htm

        > I can't see any way cheaper than the Scaffold Jacks.
        > I'll probably order from one of those sources today.
        >
        > I did find the Sale Prices (Enco's mail flyer prices)
        > for Acme threaded rod & nuts on their website:
        > http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INLMK3?PMK0NO=795792
        >
        > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "pjacobs55" <prjacobs@> wrote:
        > I did some searching for screw pads and came up with these:
        >
        > http://www.doityourself.com:80/invt/4692273
        > http://tinyurl.com/3a3yxn
        > http://www.scaffoldmart.com:80/scaffold-jacks.html
        > http://tinyurl.com/2ze4zg

      • Bill Sims
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 2, 2007
          Mark,

          I've not been following the trailer discussion very closely because
          I've not needed a trailer for the many years I've had my SJ. Every
          time I was transferred the Navy moved the boat, except for when I
          sailed it from Baltimore to Norfolk.

          Now that I'm retired and have done my retirement move from one side
          of Lake Ponchartrain to the other, I'd have to trailer the boat if I
          move far away.

          I was thinking that if that ever happened then I'd use my autocross
          car trailer, like you mentioned. It has a 20 flatbed and dual axle
          with electric brakes. I imagined I could buy some jackstands--
          preferably used--and have a local fabricator modify them to serve as
          removable supports on the trailer.

          I have a highly modified 3 liter Alfa that runs in Street Modified
          class, and it takes my time and money--that's why I don't race
          sailboats any more.

          Bill Sims
          Mandeville, LA