Re: [SJ-24] New Year's resolution: Lose weight?

  • gc138@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
      The weight I have seen for the SJ24 is 3200. Somewhere I saw it on a drawing as 3600 but never under 3200.
      George #18 Spaghetti
    • rw0808
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
        The official San Juan 24 specifications, section 4.3.1, call for a
        stripped weight of no less than 3250 lbs. Section 4.3.2 calls for a
        minimum race equipped weight of 3650 lbs. This would include mast,
        rigging, sails and all the compulsory equipment such as anchor, tool
        box, head etc.

        Remmert

        --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, gc138@... wrote:

        > The weight I have seen for the SJ24 is 3200. Somewhere I saw it on a
        drawing
        > as 3600 but never under 3200.
        > George #18 Spaghetti

      • free_scots_navy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
          Having just looked at Brushfire's class measurement sheet, I find
          that I could've answered my own question: In 1977 her stripped
          weight was 3445 and her total weight was 3709. I would believe that
          there is another 300 pounds of gear aboard now.

          -Cory Carpenter
          #598, "Brushfire"

          --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "rw0808" <rwolters@...> wrote:

          > The official San Juan 24 specifications, section 4.3.1, call for a
          > stripped weight of no less than 3250 lbs. Section 4.3.2 calls for a
          > minimum race equipped weight of 3650 lbs. This would include mast,
          > rigging, sails and all the compulsory equipment such as anchor,
          tool
          > box, head etc.
          >
          > Remmert
          >
          > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, gc138@ wrote:
          > >
          > > The weight I have seen for the SJ24 is 3200. Somewhere I saw it
          on a
          > drawing
          > > as 3600 but never under 3200.
          > > George #18 Spaghetti

        • Gil Lund
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2007
            George,

            3250 lb is the minimum weight in race ready condition. See Rules book
            on the post section of this website.

            gil

            --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, gc138@... wrote:

            > The weight I have seen for the SJ24 is 3200. Somewhere I saw it on
            a drawing
            > as 3600 but never under 3200.
            > George #18 Spaghetti

          • Gil Lund
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2007
              George

              Oops!

              That should be 3650# for race ready minimum.

              Gil