Headfoil

  • Bryan Hamilton
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2006
      Gil do you still have the headfoil? Anyone have an acrylic hatch they
      want to sell? Whats the best stuff for getting my hull to shine up?
      Bryan
    • Jim Comfort
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2006
        For a hatch, try Gene Adams in Mt. Vernon, Washington.  His parts lists is somewhere on the SJ24 website.  For your hull, the best way is fiberglass rubbing compound, followed by a polishing compound, followed by wax. Best wax, in my opinion, is Collinite Fleetwax (paste wax in a can).  If you want to skip a step, try using a Finish Restorer.  Another good alternative that I've used is Soft Scrub, which does a great job of both cleaning and gently compounding.

        The compounds do remove some gel-coat, so I'd evaluate how much gel-coat you have left, and I wouldn't use them too often.

        Jim Comfort
        Native Sun
        Seattle

        Bryan Hamilton <slfish15@...> wrote:
        Gil do you still have the headfoil? Anyone have an acrylic hatch they
        want to sell? Whats the best stuff for getting my hull to shine up?
        Bryan

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Kevin S
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 2, 2006
          I used a new product called polyglow to shine my hull
          up this year, fantastic results, it doesn't remove
          gelcoat. Do a google search for it.

          Kevin
          Corrymeela

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Bryan Hamilton
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 19, 2007
            Anyone have a used headfoil for a San Juan 24 they would want to sell?
            Bryan
          • Bryan Hamilton
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 13, 2007
              Are all headfoils basically the same profiles? Tuff Luff, Headfoil 2,
              I have a headfoil 2 and want to replace the extrusion with a tuff luff
              Same size #6(.197"od).Also,,,Does anyone have a headfoil 2 extrusion
              they dont want or want to sell? Thanks Bryan
            • Sailfish
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 4, 2013
                Anyone have a used headfoil they want to sell or part with?
              • Trent
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 6, 2013
                  --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "Sailfish" wrote:

                  > Anyone have a used headfoil they want to sell or part with?

                  I'm planning to replace the foil on my SJ 7.7 soon. It's probably the same model headfoil 2 that would have used on the 24. I think the 7.7's forestay is about 2 feet shorter because it's fractional, so the foil is probably too short. The port groove is rather worn but the starboard works fine. The stainless feeder fitting on the bottom is fine too. It hasn't got one on the top. Not sure if it ever did or not.

                  Current Headfoil 2 foils don't fit the old 1970s fittings, so I'm forced to get a whole new unit. Unless someone happens to have an old foil that's still good.
                • bryan hamilton
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2013
                    Im interested! Bryan     e-mail: Hamilton@...