what is the highest SJ 24 sail #?

  • mike.robinson@corning.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
      Still updating the Clark Boat Co. story....

      anyone know the highest SJ 24 sail #?

      Michael J. Robinson, SPHR

      Mike.Robinson@...
    • m_kanzler@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
        Skamokawa has sail no. 69037 (I have the old 163 Genoa
        off of Skamokawa by coincidence).

        I'm being facetious...
        the Hull numbers appear to go up to about 1043
        or 1061. There may be gaps in the sequence due to
        simultaneous West and East Coast manufacture.

        Posts mentioning the last hull number:

        A bit more about hull numbering sequence on SJ-24s:

        The Database may help:

        Here are posts with mention of Clark Boats History:

        Follow this message thread for a list of hull numbers
        and boat names:

        --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, mike.robinson@c... wrote:
        > Still updating the Clark Boat Co. story....
        >
        > anyone know the highest SJ 24 sail #?
        >
        > Michael J. Robinson, SPHR
        >
        > Mike.Robinson@c...
      • chris mckillip
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
          I just sold the used main off of #1081
          I think that 1082 was the last boat made but can not be sure. I
          thought I read somewhere that there was a hull 1083. Hull #1081 is
          for sale on www.Sailingtexas.com his phone number is listed so you
          might be able to give him a call and ask some questions about the
          boat. We have a San Juan at Windycrest that is hull # 1032 it was
          built in 1980. I have looked at the boat and there are some
          noticable differences. For 1 the traveler is mounted on the floor of
          the cockpit up next to the entrance to the cabin. The drain holes in
          the toe rail are huge. I will take some photos of it if I get a
          chance.

          Chris McKillip
          --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, mike.robinson@c... wrote:
          > Still updating the Clark Boat Co. story....
          >
          > anyone know the highest SJ 24 sail #?
          >
          > Michael J. Robinson, SPHR
          >
          > Mike.Robinson@c...
        • Daryl
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
            Chris,

            I looked up the ad you refer to and if it's "ssanjuan24d.html" at
            sailing texas.com then the number is 1031 not 1081. He says it was
            the next to the last one made. He thinks 1032 (your's) was the end
            of the line but my hull# is 1043.

            I hope you get a chance to take those photos. My travler is also
            mounted in the cockpit near the entrance to the cabin. I posted
            some photos in the photo section under What_a_hoot.

            Daryl Davis What_a_Hoot #1043

            --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "chris mckillip" <sirstopher@y...>

          • m_kanzler@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
              I would like to see them too.
              Especially stuff like hatches, handrails,
              scuppers, hardware, etc.

              You can setup a free account at Imagestation
              http://www.imagestation.com/
              And then send an email to me inviting me to the
              album, and I'll post the URL here (Unless you
              want to do it yourself).

              You can put pictures in the photo albums, but
              only you will be able to see the full size
              hi-resolution versions... not really great for
              details.

            • m_kanzler@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
              • pjacobs55
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Daryl: Your boat is beautiful! I hope mine looks half as nice when
                  it's finished.

                  Peter
                  SJ24 #178 'Adios'

                  --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl" <didavis@f...> wrote:

                  > Chris,
                  >
                  > I looked up the ad you refer to and if it's "ssanjuan24d.html" at
                  > sailing texas.com then the number is 1031 not 1081. He says it was
                  > the next to the last one made. He thinks 1032 (your's) was the end
                  > of the line but my hull# is 1043.
                  >
                  > I hope you get a chance to take those photos. My travler is also
                  > mounted in the cockpit near the entrance to the cabin. I posted
                  > some photos in the photo section under What_a_hoot.
                  >
                  > Daryl Davis What_a_Hoot #1043
                  >
                  > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, "chris mckillip" <sirstopher@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just sold the used main off of #1081
                  > > I think that 1082 was the last boat made but can not be sure. I
                  > > thought I read somewhere that there was a hull 1083. Hull #1081
                  is
                  > > for sale on www.Sailingtexas.com his phone number is listed so you
                  > > might be able to give him a call and ask some questions about the
                  > > boat. We have a San Juan at Windycrest that is hull # 1032 it was
                  > > built in 1980. I have looked at the boat and there are some
                  > > noticable differences. For 1 the traveler is mounted on the floor
                  > of
                  > > the cockpit up next to the entrance to the cabin. The drain holes
                  > in
                  > > the toe rail are huge. I will take some photos of it if I get a
                  > > chance.
                  > >
                  > > Chris McKillip
                  > > --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, mike.robinson@c... wrote:
                  > > > Still updating the Clark Boat Co. story....
                  > > >
                  > > > anyone know the highest SJ 24 sail #?
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael J. Robinson, SPHR
                  > > >
                  > > > Mike.Robinson@c...
                • Dave Brezina
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 3, 2005
                    Scorpion's is 57745. I'm confident that is from a rating certificate,
                    not a hull number.

                    Dave Brezina
                    Scorpion
                    Chicago

                    --- In SJ-24@yahoogroups.com, mike.robinson@c... wrote:
                    > Still updating the Clark Boat Co. story....
                    >
                    > anyone know the highest SJ 24 sail #?
                    >
                    > Michael J. Robinson, SPHR
                    >
                    > Mike.Robinson@c...
                  • Daryl
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 8, 2005
                      I did what you asked and tried to send you an invitation to view my
                      album. You're busy or it did not go through. Here is the link to
                      the albumn I set up:

                      http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2131215271

                      Daryl - What_a_Hoot #1043

                    • m_kanzler@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 8, 2005
                        Thanks Daryl.

                        I suspect that (if you sent it on the weekend)
                        I may have accidentally deleted it.
                        I clicked "Empty Bulk Folder" when I meant to
                        go sift through it to look for stuff that got
                        put into my spam folder by mistake. Sometimes
                        stuff from members here goes there by mistake.

                        Once I did that, it was gone.

                        Or, as you said, possibly it didn't get to me.

                        I went and looked.
                        Thanks... nice pictures. I really like that cabin cover.

                        It occurred to me that I could invite y'all to see the pics
                        I have in image station. I have a bunch that are raw pics...
                        I'll give you a link when I get the URL.

                        I have some pics of stuff like the battery box mounting
                        I did... I intended to make a How-to article, but still
                        haven't had time. You can look at the pics and get the
                        gist of it though.