Common Raven

  • SethWollney.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
      sorry for the late report, but I saw a Common Raven being chased by crows yesterday (4/15) around 5pm as I exited the Richmond Parkway at Maguire Ave. I drove around the neighborhood for a while trying to relocate the bird was had no such luck.

      -Seth

      Seth Wollney
      www.SethWollney.com
      www.flickr.com/photos/sethbirds

    • MichaelS
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
        There was a Common Raven perched on a church near Port Richmond High school yesterday. It was being harassed and was being quite vocal. I watched it for a bit until it finally flew off in the direction of Silver/Clove Lakes Park.

        -Mike Shanley

        Sent from my iPhone.
      • h_fischer
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2013
              10/6/2013

               Wagner College Campus building  3 P M

           This is the second sighting of a Common Raven on the north shore in a week. Last Sunday 2 birds appeared at the fire tower in Clove Lakes Park near Royal Oaks Road.

            These birds appear to prefer high towers or multiple story buildings on the north shore , such as 700 Victory Boulevard (Silver Lake), the fire tower in CLP and the Wagner College property. This is my fourth sighting of Common Raven in the Grymes Hill section. In all of the CLP sightings, it followed or preceded a cold front or stormy weather and the birds were on and soaring near the fire tower.

           Last Sunday 2 birds were observed and yesterday one bird spent a good amount of time on the dorm building. Both times American crows harassed the ravens.

          H Fischer
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2013
            Two Ravens seen well this afternoon along Richmond Ave flying over the mound behind the sanitation garage across the street from Burger King.

            Sent from my iPhone
          • h_fischer
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014
              31 March
              11:30 A M

              Wagner Dorm building

               A single Common Raven was calling from the top of the Wagner College Dorm building at 11:30 for a few minutes before flying off. In the past there has been a pair that frequents the area. Again the birds tend to appear after rainy, storm related weather passes. I assume a NW or N wind (cold front) brings them in.

               H. Fischer