Cattle Egrets off of 440 south

  • cotingas@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      Fresh Kills near the Huguenot Avenue and A.Kill Rd.--- exit (4)
      November 1, 2008
      Observers: Howard Fischer, Dave Jordet and Debora Amos

      Today at 7:50 A M,  two Cattle Egrets flew from the drainage pond very close to the Huguenot Avenue / Arthur Kill Road exit ramp from 440. One of the birds still had some nice remnants of buff on the head.The birds flew from the wetland and appeared to circle the pond and fly near the expressway. This was a former regular site for these birds during the warmer months . This  departure date (sighting) for this species is excellent. I wonder what the record is for our area.
      H. Fischer