Clove Lakes Park "early birds"

  • Howie Fischer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2008
      In the afternoon, Eva Callahan and I observed 6 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers in the same location they were in last year in mid August (dead spruces). The parks dept. chip/tree dump, near the fire tower is good during fall migration. We had in addition to the gnatcatchers, 2 American Redstarts, 2 Empids, and one flyover Common Nighthawk.
      A female (juvenile) Cooper's Hawk was attempting to hunt Am. Robins nearby. Two N. Waterthrushes were in the stream near the horse path.

      Howard Fischer 8-13-08  CLP 4-5:30 P M