Re: [SINaturaList] Lark Sparrow at Snug Harbor

  • Isaac Grant
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2013
      For what it's worth, I did not find the grasshopper sparrow in central. I was the only one to report it. Although that is not in Staten Island so not really for this list. Anyway lots of sparrows are in. Now is the time to hit your local weedy patch. The next few days are also the dates when the most sightings of lecontes sparrows are found in NY. Hope someone finds one.

      Isaac Grant
      Senior Loan Officer

      On Oct 3, 2013, at 5:32 PM, David Jordet <sailbirder@...> wrote:

      Issac (et al),
      Okay now you're just showing off!
      For those who haven't seen Isaac's reports on the NY state list, he has now found three great sparrows in 24 hours -- Grasshopper Sparrow in Central Park, Clay-colored S in another borough and now the Lark S.
      Congrats and thanks for the continued reports and directions.
      Dave Jordet

      On Oct 3, 2013, at 4:40 PM, Isaac Grant <hosesbroadbill@...> wrote:

      At the back weedy edge near the tomato patch that borders the woods. There are lots of sparrows here.

      Isaac Grant
      Senior Loan Officer