Birdwalk reminder for Wednesday, July 17

  • cicadaman53
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 12:00 PM
      July 17, 2013
      Great kills Park
      9-11 am

      We will be checking the mudflats & peat beds to see what early migrant shorebirds have arrived. There should also be an assortment of wading birds, gulls, terns, and maybe the odd scoter or scaup around.

      Meet at the northern end (toward Oakwood)of the first large parking lot (Parking lot A).

      Important weather note: It is going to be hot, up around 95 degrees; in the morning it will be slightly less, but still hot. We will be standing, for the most part, out in the sun for 2 hours, so be prepared. Wear suitable clothing, apply the sunscreen liberally, and bring lots of water.

      Ed