Cicadas are coming!

  • Seth Wollney
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      hi All,

      Recently a good number of periodical cicada nymphs have found under logs at Blue Heron and North Mount Loretto Woods.

      On an evening walk earlier today, Mike Shanley and I found an adult female on the path at Conference House Park and my sister-in-law sent me a photo from Great Kills of an adult on a tree....  the mass emergence is just around the corner!

      You can see pics either on my Flickr, Tumblr or Facebook profile....

      Best,
      Seth

      Seth Wollney
      sethsnaturenote.blogspot.com