Big Day Bird Count

  • SINaturaList
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24 8:04 AM
      May 11, 2013
      ALL DAY, or when ever you can get out!

      This year's Staten Island Big Day Bird Count will be held on Saturday, May 11. Find a buddy or 3 and spend the day out observing as many species as you kind in your favorite or other off the beaten path locations.

      Teams of 2 to 4 birds can start counting at 12:01am.

      At the end of the day, come to the round-up to hear what everyone else found during this epic day (and plan what you're gonna chase on Sunday).

      The round-up will be held at 8:00pm at the Staten Island Museum, 75 Stuyvesant Place.

      For more information, call Seth Wollney at 718.483.7105 or e-mail at swollney at statenislandmuseum.org
    • cicadaman53
      Message 2 of 9 , May 13, 2013
        Even with all of the rain, there was a lot of bird activity, at least in Clove Lakes Park, where I spent most of my time.

        Low attendance at the round up; just Team Purcell/Barron/King and myself. So far, I have the results from Team Wollney and Team Bouquio. The total stands at around 142 right now. In looking over the lists, a good number of species was seen, but all expected stuff; there are really no "wow" birds (so far).

        If you went out on Saturday, please send me your list. When all results are in, I will post the cumulative list, as well as a list of participants.

        Thanks,

        Ed