Windy Tuesday Morning

  • sinaturalist
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Date: 4/1/08

      Not too much to report due to the wind. The best birds this morning
      were 4 blue-winged teal at Mount Loretto on the vernal pond along
      the "parking lot road".

      I have not personally seen the Western Grebe in two days. Please post
      any positive or negative reports if you go to look for the bird.
      Historically (meaning the pervisious two year this species has been
      seen) the bird leaves towards the end of the 1st week of April. I have
      a feeling that with the strong wind of the past two days, the bird may
      have left the area, or at least moved to another spot around the
      NY/Raritan Bay.

      -Seth