Connecticut Warbler

  • Dave Eib
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
      Mount Loretto, 9/1/12 @ about 12:50PM

      By chance I walked in from the Sharrott's Pier entrance and came across the small pond in the northeast section of the wetlands trail. Within minutes a Connecticut popped out of the underbrush on the opposite side and ducked back again, then came out and perched in the open on some fallen branches at the base of the dead tree directly across from the entrance by the "TRAIL 3" marker. Great looks for about 10 seconds - in fact the first time I've seen one unobscured to some degree by brush. It showed itself one more time then seemed to head up the wooded hillside beyond. A great bit of random luck!

      In addition there were 6 Blue-winged Teal and 10 Wood Ducks on the big pond. Probably the same 6 Teal Tom and I saw in the Cemetery this morning. Sorry about the Warbler Tom...

      - Dave
    • cotingas@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2012

        Clove Lakes Park near Royal Oaks Rd

        A HY female Connecticut Warbler perched and "posed" in a Crabapple tree and allowed Ed Shaugnessy and I to get a nice look before it disappeared into the brushy area behind the trees.

        38 species with this CONW  obviously being the highlight.
        Howard Fischer

      • georgeb
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2012
          About 45 minutes ago, I had a Connecticut warbler, along with FOS white throated sparrow, chipping sparrow and Myrtle warbler, in the weedy field located between the tower and the 1,000,000 trees site in clove Lakes Park. I was standing on the edge of the Parks Dept
          composting area. The Connecticut was in an "island" of sumac, thistle & ragweed surrounding a very tall and large-leaved plant.

          --- In SINaturaList@yahoogroups.com, cotingas@... wrote:

          > Clove Lakes Park near Royal Oaks Rd
          >
          > A HY female Connecticut Warbler perched and "posed" in a Crabapple tree
          > and allowed Ed Shaugnessy and I to get a nice look before it disappeared into
          > the brushy area behind the trees.
          >
          > 38 species with this CONW obviously being the highlight.
          > Howard Fischer

        • Anthony Ciancimino
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
            There was an immature Connecticut Warbler in one of the smaller thickets in the large area east of the overlook at the Cemetery of the Resurrection this afternoon around 3:15.

            3 decent pictures posted:

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/sibirdswildlife/

            1 Pine Siskin also flew over

            -Anthony Ciancimino