Red-breasted Nuthatch - my third summer bird

  • cotingas@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      1 July  2011
      Grymes Hill - Wagner College woods
      H.Fischer

      I had my third summer sighting/ record for a Red-breasted Nuthatch today. It was calling this morning and I heard the bird again at 1 P M  in a large Norway Spruce directly behind my house.
      During the past winter I had a pair visit my feeder and frequent this spruce and others nearby.

      Other summer birds were one on 27 June 2008 and 5 July 2004.