2/28- Cemetery of the Resurrection

  • Anthony Ciancimino
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011
      I did I little birding at the Cemetery of the Resurrection this afternoon. The walk was about 40 minutes.

      Pine Warbler (1), observed in one of the many White Pine trees along one of the ponds, and was singing its musical trill- a nice sign that spring is just around the corner.

      Rusty Blackbird (2) - feeding along the marshy edge of the more wooded pond

      Grackles, Red-winged Blackbirds, Starlings, and a single Cowbird were also observed, but in a open field adjacent to the pond.

      Northern Shoveler (2)
      Gadwall (13)
      Hooded Merganser (1)
      Mallard (7)
      Canada Goose (74) - I noted one had an orange band around its neck

      Killdeer (3)

      Sharp-shinned Hawk (1)
      Turkey Vulture(1)

      Ring-billed Gull (15, flyover)