Conference House 12/22

  • Thomas J. Dunkerton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2010
      Hey Everybirdy,

        Up visiting from Titusville, Florida for the holidays and squeezing in as much birding as I can so I ran down to the Conference House for a look.  Water's edge was quieter than expected but along the south trail I noticed the many White-throated Sparrows I was viewing quickly ducked out of sight.  A few more steps along the trail and I spotted a juvenile Sharp-shinned Hawk browsing the terrain.
        As I was loading into the car, a Red-tailed Hawk was circling above.

      sharp-shinned: http://www.pbase.com/boidpikchas/image/131342226

      red-tailed: http://www.pbase.com/boidpikchas/image/131342227

      Tom Dunkerton
      Titusville, FL