NYC Owls and Raptor Migration

  • rdcny
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      Two articles (free) are available for anyone with an interest - just send an email:

      (1) The Owls of NYC (1863-2010) with many color photos of the 11
      species of owls that have been seen here (six species have bred;
      three still do) - authors are Deborah Allen begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting and me;

      (2) Raptor Migration in SE Asia (Thailand) - we counted over 200,000
      migrants of more than 25 species from August-November. The site in
      Thailand is a watch site of global significance - we see 6 species of
      Accipiter in migration...try distinguishing them in flight. And if
      you ever wanted to see Black Bazas or Besras or Chinese Sparrowhawks
      up close - there are many many fine photos in this PDF.

      Regards from Des Bronx,

      Robert DeCandido PhD
      rdcny AT earthlink.net