Research for WKU

  • phibetapaydirt <phibetapaydirt@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
      My name is Brandon Phillips and I am the son of Sarah Mullis, formerly
      Sarah Shuffett, the daughter of Dr. Robert Shuffett. I'm a doing a
      senior research project on Michael Shuffett who I believe was the
      first Shuffett to come to the Green County area in 1852, and later
      served in the civil war. If anyone can send me info on him or other
      Shuffett's involved in the civil war it would be great. Please email
      to phillbd@... if you can. Thanks again.
    • Audrey Shields Hancock
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
        Brandon,
        You may wish to read all the e-mails that are in the SHUFFETT archives at Yahoo, since you subscribed to the group.  There is a lot of information on there.

        I had started to put some info on this site:
        I haven't been able to do much yet, but it is a beginning.  I had planned to do more, but because of serious family illness, I have not continued to work on it for a while.

        Perhaps you will find something there to interest you...but the archives has quite a bit of correspondence between families.

        Audrey
        My name is Brandon Phillips and I am the son of Sarah Mullis, formerly
        Sarah Shuffett, the daughter of Dr. Robert Shuffett.  I'm a doing a
        senior research project on Michael Shuffett who I believe was the
        first Shuffett to come to the Green County area in 1852, and later
        served in the civil war.  If anyone can send me info on him or other
        Shuffett's involved in the civil war it would be great.  Please email
        to phillbd@... if you can.  Thanks again.

        Genealogy Related URLs at:
        http://home.att.net/~davehancock/HelpfulURLs.html
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
          Brandon,

          My name is Mike McDaniel.  I am married to Carolyn Shuffett, the daughter of Omar Shuffett.  You're right in that Michael Shuffett was the first Shuffett to come to Green County.  Prior to that he was in Harrison Co., KY where he married Jane Bennett, daughter of William Bennett and Polly Green.  I have a genealogy of Michael and his descendants  (incomplete) if you would like a copy.  Send me your snail mail address, and I will send ASAP.

          By the way, it was his grandson--another Michael--who fought for the Union.  This Michael was my wife's great-grandfather.