Re: [SHIELDS_Daniel] Attn: Joseph Eaton

  • joseph eaton
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
      Dear Audrey,
      You are of course correct.
      This was an unfortunate "typo". It should of course
      read 1695 instead of 1895. This Patrick shields is
      buried in Donaghmore graveyard in County Tyrone and
      the year of his death is given as 1771.
      Sorry for the error.
      Good luck with your website.
      Best Regards,
      Joe.
      P.S. Recently I attended a reception in Trinity
      College Dublin here in Ireland, which was hosted by my
      cousin Professor Eda Sagarra. The reception was to
      allow the members of our extended Shields family here
      in Ireland to meet J.Sean Callan who had travelled
      from America and who is author of the latest book on
      the life of General James Shields titled "Courage and
      Country".

      --- Audrey Hancock <audreyhancock1939@...>
      wrote:

      I'm reviewing your lineage, Joe.

      I believethe birthdatefor your gggg-gf Patrick Shields
      is incorrect.
      Please let us know his correct birthdate if you have
      it.

      Audrey