SHIELDS-MORRIS

  • Audrey Shields Hancock
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 5:46 AM
      Hello, from Audrey,

      This was posted to a Bulletin Board. Does anyone know SARAH SHIELDS
      possible connection to the Daniel SHIELDS line?

      We have a John W. DAVIS (1849-1930) who married Nancy SHIELDS (1853-1903),
      dau/o Patrick Shields & Mary Jane Brown of Darke Co., OH...descended from
      Daniel and Mary. Patrick and Mary Jane were my ancestral grandparents.

      http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/CYB.2ACE/535

      RootsWeb/Ancestry.com Message Board Post:

      Sarah Catherine "Kate" MORRIS, dau/o Robert Moffit MORRIS & Lucy Ann CRAIG
      (b 1827 VA-1857) married 12 Jun 1869 Auglaize Co., OH, Harvey DAVIS, s/o
      David DAVIS & Sarah SHIELDS (from Harvey's death certificate). They lived
      in Auglaize Co., OH in 1880, but by 1920 were in Shelby Co., OH where they
      died. Lucy MORRIS died in 1857 leaving small children that were spread out
      among other families.

      Their known children:

      1)S. Louisa Davis b 1870
      2)Floyd Davis b 1871