Eastend flight

  • jymmitiger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      The winds were westerly all day, and I drove around looking for a few
      sites that may be good for launching. I ended up behind the T-Rex
      museum and hiked up the ridge, just behind it. This was about 6pm.
      Cycles were coming up nice a smooth, with the occasional gust, but
      nothing to worry about. It was also a little cross.

      I kitted the wing up and launched cross wise to the ridge and had a
      nice flight out into the valley. I almost landed at the back of the
      Museum. Only had to hike less than 5 minutes to the car.

      The next day we went up to the big ridge with Garth, Angela, Loren
      and Monica, to find that it was really blown out. Although the wind
      would settle down for a few minutes, it was start to blast up the
      ridge again.
      Later Garth was able to get an evening flight in, as the winds
      settled down enough for Hang Gliding.

      Awesome place to fly if the winds are good to you. Thanks to all for
      a great weekend there. Look forward to flying with everyone again soon.