Update - good news - Blackwood, NJ - Paralyzed Chihuahua needs placement

  • Maureen Koplow
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Forwarded message - please reply to cmm@...

      Update - good news - Blackwood, NJ - Paralyzed Chihuahua needs placement

      In case you did not get the e-mail a little earlier - Peanut has a rescue.
      cmm@...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Forwarded message - please reply to CamCoShelter@...

      Blackwood, NJ - Paralyzed Chihuahua needs placement - Urgent!

      Dear Fellow Rescue Workers -

      My name is Heather and I am the Rescue Coordinator for Camden
      County Animal Shelter. I am desperately seeking help for a little
      girl named Peanut!

      Peanut was found by an Animal Control Officer in Camden, back legs
      paralyzed, scratching to get into the door of the crack house where she
      was living. Animal Control took her to the emergency vet where she has
      been ever since. Unfortunately, they have done all they can for Peanut.
      Her paralysis is unable to be corrected and she does not have use of her
      bowels - She must be expelled, like a puppy.

      They are guessing Peanut is about five years old, but she could be
      younger and have had such a bad diet that her teeth make her appear
      five. She is a very happy little girl and the wonderful folks at the
      hospital made her a cart and she gets around great! She is very much
      full of life!

      We are unable to take Peanut to our Shelter. We simply don't have the
      resources to give her the care and attention that she needs. The
      hospital can no longer keep her and we have until Labor Day to find a
      place for her. They won't be able to give us an extension on that
      time frame.

      We don't have very much time to try and save this girl! When the
      hospital contacted me, my heart broke, and I am trying everything
      possible to save her from euthanasia. Please, if you cannot help Peanut
      yourself, cross-post this story and her pretty pictures! All medical
      records will be made available and my contact at the hospital will be
      happy to answer any questions. I can be reached at
      CamCoShelter@... and I check E-mail extremely frequently.

      Thank you for caring about Peanut and all you do for the dogs!

      Heather Speeks
      Rescue Coordinator
      Camden County Animal Shelter
      Blackwood, NJ