Vegan Internship Opportunity

  • Bradley Saul
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi everyone,
      OrganicAthlete is looking for an Event Planning Intern for our 2006
      Conference. Please pass this along to any interested candidates.

      Thanks,
      -Bradley

      About OrganicAthlete

      OrganicAthlete unites people in a global effort to create a better world
      through sport. Through individual initiative and teamwork we can achieve
      the extraordinary and inspire the pursuit of personal and planetary
      health. Our mission is to promote health and ecological stewardship
      among athletes of all ages and abilities by sharing information, by
      building community and by inspiring through athletic example.

      In 2005, OrganicAthlete organized the first OrganicAthlete conference,
      an educational event bringing together elite vegan athletes and sports
      nutritionists. For 2006, OrganicAthlete is planning an ever greater
      event.

      Position Description

      The event planning interns will experience the inner workings of a
      non-profit event planning. This internship will require a commitment of
      6 months, beginning in late March and ending at the date of event in
      October. Time commitment per week will vary.

      The Planning Intern can expect to:

      * Lead a volunteer planning team

      * Coordinate all aspects of event production

      * Develop a local marketing and sponsorship plan

      * Work directly with the executive director

      Skill Level and Requirements:
      Candidates should possess excellent organizational and communication
      skills, show initiative, have good computer and Internet knowledge, and
      be able to work independently. An interest in plant-based nutrition and
      athletics is critical. Planning meetings will take place in San
      Francisco, so candidate should live in the bay area.

      How to Apply:
      Send your resume and a letter of interest to:

      Bradley Saul

      OrganicAthlete

      PO Box 33

      Graton, CA 95444
      E-mail: bradley@...
      Office: 707-360-8511
      Fax: 707-634-1414
      http://www.organicathlete.org; http://www.tourdorganics.com

      OrganicAthlete does not offer paid internships, but is able to reimburse
      travel expenses.

      OrganicAthlete seeks increased diversity in its intern staff and
      provides equal opportunity to its applicants.

      --
      President, OrganicAthlete
      PO Box 33